Saturday, March 19, 2011

Our kids!

Liz and I have decided to keep this orphanage in Lima, we are going to work with Solidarity in Action to try to raise money to feed them and eventually build onto their way too small house that they live in now. There are 15 kids that live there all the time, orphans, and then 30-40 that spend their days there. They have a very small space to play with only cement floors, this space is also cleared out and tables put up so that they can eat their meals. Clara has taken these kids into her home and is a great mom to all of them. I want to introduce you to each of our kids! After a day at the beach with Liz and Jana!
The best picture that I have of Antony...for whatever reason I cant find a better one. But...I will work on that in 2 weeks when I get to see him again!
Jamie...9 years old.
Angie...12 years old.
The kid on the right is Fernando...11 years old and has lived in the orphanage for 6 years.
Yovana....the one that I want to adopt! She is such a good little girl...super helpful with the other kids. She has lived in this house for 6 years. Treated her for scabies and lice.
Valerie...2 years old...treated her for lice and a staph infection on her face.
Carlos...3 years old and very attached to Clara.
Jhackeysi...6 years old...the younger sister of Jhon and Jhael. Treated her for lice.
Jhohan...9 years old. Fernandos uncle. Cesar...4 years old.
Jhael...twin to Jhon and older brother to Jhackeysi...7 years old.
Jhon...twin brother to Jhael and older brother to Jhackeysi...7 years old.
Lucho...8 years old...super smart. Has lived in the orphanage for 6 years.
There are 2 kids missing, I will have to take pictures of them when we go back in 2 weeks. This is a start...I hope that they steal your heart just like they did mine! I cant wait to see these faces and get hugs and kisses from them in just 2 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Jana this is the best. I loved seeing the children. Valerie and Carlos I could take right now. If I was only younger. Do you take donations? Let me know if you do how to get the money sent to you. Keep the blogs coming.
    Bill and Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana if money is what you need then tell people how to donate to them or just send money to you and liz. I want to send clothes,shoes, money. how do i do that ! Give all of this info so people can help! I wish you could bring them home, I would love them! and i know how love conquers all but in reality they really need more then that to have a productive life and really live! So a great way for all of your blog readers to help! Love you lots!!! love that you have such a giving heart! my love is strong for hurting children so momma is here for whatever i can do! AS YOU KNOW!!!

    ReplyDelete